Get off the beaten track and discover over 100 incredible cycling adventures across the globe.See the world on two wheels and explore the most thrilling on and off-road cycling routes. Whether you're an experienced, ascent-loving road cyclist or are planning your first cycling trip, this stunning guide will help you plan the perfect bicycle tour.
Inside the pages of this inspirational travel guide you'll find:
- 100 rides around the world, chosen by cycling and travel experts, from day cycles around cities to bikepacking journeys across continents
- Maps and elevation profiles included, with downloadable GPX routes available too!
- A beautifully presented guide with stunning photography throughout for anyone looking for epic bike rides
- Each chapter explores a different continent, with rides arranged geographically and details of distance, total ascent and road surface
- Top tips for getting the most out of each ride - including refuelling spots, breathtaking viewpoints - as well as suggestions for alternative ways to tackle a route
Ride will take you around the world to see all the places on your bucket list! In Europe, you can power up mountain passes in Italy's Dolomites or tackle Bolivia's infamous Death Road in South America. Cycle the famous Cape-to-Cairo route across Africa or go island-hopping in Japan.
Awe-inspiring images and descriptions of each bike ride will have you itching to jump on the saddle. This travel book includes all you need to plan the nitty-gritty of your trips like handy maps, elevation profiles and practical information such as distance, difficulty, and road surface. We've also included facts and figures on the world's most famous cyclists and iconic races, plus information on the history of cycling, how to choose a bike and what kit to take.